Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

I used a dildo on Friday night last week it hurt a little when

I used a dildo on Friday night last week it hurt a little when I took it out so I stopped I noticed a small amount of old blood after (which is not unusual when I use this dildo) but since then I've been bleeding lightly on and off, not enough to show on underwear but enough to see it mixed with my natural discharge when I wipe after going to the loo.
I have also notice a small piece of daggling skin at my opening too but no blood in that area and I'm getting small sharp pains now and again that don't really hurt that much. in not that close to my period and I'm on birth control microgynon. am I ok should I wait and see or go to the doctor????

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

This is most likely a result of un-noticed trauma due to dildo or an infection due to it.

Chances are there that this bleed may get worse at any time, or the infection may spread leading to complications (septicaemia).

Therefore, you should not wait any further and have this examined clinically by your doctor (vaginal examination) in order to chalk out further management plan which may include tests (swabs for culture/blood work) and treatment (like a round of antibiotics).

Until you see your doctor do not use the Dildo again.

Keep a good hygiene.

And maintain adequate hydration.

I would have been worried too if I were at your place, but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carries a good prognosis with appropriate management.

It was a pleasure assisting you and thank you very much for visiting us.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've just been to the toilet and noticed I'm not bleeding I've called my doctors but they cant give me an appointment and suggested a walk in clinic

Thank you for the follow up Kirstyn.

Watchful monitoring is required right now if the bleeding has stopped.

However, if this recurs, a walk in clinic is your best chance.

Goodluck and get well soon :)

Kindest Regards.