Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  30 years of experience
8227957

HI, thanks in advance for helping me. I had a cold a few

HI, thanks in advance for helping me.

I had a cold a few weeks ago and since then cannot get rid of this yellow/white mucus. I don't have a persistant cough but do feel pressure down in the back of my throat

i feel the need to constantly bring it up (not through coughing though) just using my throat muscles. Sometimes it a thick white color (like spit/and white plegm mixed in together) and other times its a yellowy colour. could bringing this up cause a sore throat?

i have attached photos

is it possible i have bronchitis? or what else could it be?
i have just bought a nasal spray to use.

my brother just had a baby (2 days ago) and was wondering if it was safe to go and see it if i had bronchitis?
i do have a sniffly nose, (from a cold on the weekend)
i also suffer anxiety so was wondering if this could be syptom of anxiety
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Thank you for your question,

Dr. Saha :

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Dr. Saha :

Did you take any treatment for cold?

Dr. Saha :

When did the symptoms exactly start?

Dr. Saha :

Do you have cough only or is there any pain?

Dr. Saha :

Please enter your reply.

Customer:

the first cold i did not it just went away on its own, except for the pleghm.

Customer:

the cough only and its not very often just maybe 3 or 4 times a day

Dr. Saha :

Do you feel any shortness of breath?

Customer:

nope

Customer:

the cold i had on wednesday, was a sinus cold and its cleared up on its own except for the sniffles every so often

Dr. Saha :

Cold as you know is caused by a viral infection.

Dr. Saha :

Usually viral infection gets over in a week or so.

Dr. Saha :

In the healing stage of viral infection there can be yellowish mucus.

Dr. Saha :

Your mucus appears to be mostly white.

Dr. Saha :

But a bacterial infection can set up after a viral infection.

Dr. Saha :

The feeling in the throat can be due to a persistent infection or from post nasal drip from sinus.

Dr. Saha :

It does not sound like bronchitis.

Dr. Saha :

As the symptoms are continuing for weeks, I would advise to get an examination by doctor.

Dr. Saha :

It is advisable to have an examination before you wish to visit the child.

Customer:

i have suffered anxiety for the past month or could this make my cold not get better?

Dr. Saha :

Anxiety can cause a pressure feeling in throat.

Dr. Saha :

But it would not produce mucus.

Customer:

i have a doctor's appointment on monday...

Dr. Saha :

Mucus will come from irritation, infection.

Dr. Saha :

It is good that you have an appointment.

Dr. Saha :

You can do warm salt water gargling.

Dr. Saha :

This will help with throat symptoms.

Customer:

ok thanks :)

Dr. Saha :

You are always welcome.

Dr. Saha :
My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Dr. Saha :

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know

Customer:

could post nasal drip cause a sore throat as well.

Dr. Saha :

Post nasal drip can come from different causes. There can be allergy, infection. That can cause sore throat.

Customer:

ok thanks will head to the doctors on monday.

Dr. Saha :

You are again welcome.

Dr. Saha :

Best wishes.

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 30 years of experience