Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

After mowing the lawn... I was getting attacked by bugs...

After mowing the lawn... I was getting attacked by bugs... mostly mosquitoes. It was late afternoon and they were out bad. one particularly I felt and when I swatted my arm, there was a little blood, but I didn't think much of it cause I was getting bitten up all day and I thought maybe I swatted a mosquito that was full of blood.

Looking over some of the bites that were itching and swelling as I was putting on Benedryl, is what looks like two fang marks... perfectly side by side, less than half an inch between, they don't itch and didn't swell up like mosquito bites. I was worried maybe it was a bat bite - maybe one was going after the bugs.

We mostly have brown bats in this area, I believe small brown bats most specifically. could a bat have been swooping down on bugs and bit me without me seeing it flying around? I was mostly paying attention to the ground and the bugs attacking me. would you even see a bite of a small brown bat? I looked around and didn't see any bats on the ground or swooping around.

As you can tell in the photo, it is somewhat irritated. the other red mark near by elbow is definitely a mosquito bite cause it itched like crazy. So unsure if it's a bug bite that just happens to look like fang marks or what.

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/NotaBumblebee100/20130616_182208_zps24089653.jpg

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd385/NotaBumblebee100/20130618_161200_zps315668fc.jpg

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this situation

Dr Brims :

This looks like a bug bite

Dr Brims :

If a bat bit you it would not look like this

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

Sorry I had to run the dog to the restroom. She had an emergenc

Customer:

y

Customer:

Thank you. I kinda of thought it wouldn't be a bat bite... they just looked odd being so close together in perfect align

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome, it does not look like a bat bite

Customer:

great! Thanks again