Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I was working out and tweaked my shoulder. It was either while

I was working out and tweaked my shoulder. It was either while doing a pull up or doing a dead lift. Either way, I notice a bump by the collar bone area, near the AC joint. Its hard (marble size), not movable, but kinda tender to touch. Its not protruding where you can see it a bit more than the right side. Any advice on what injury this is and how I can deal with it? My shoulder other than the bump being a little tender to touch is ok, doesn't hurt with any movements.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this injury

Dr Brims :

Do you have any pain with movement?

Customer:

Hi Dr Brims, no pain with movement. But I feel slight nerve pain...very little in that area. Meaning I can go through the day without any pain, but every now and then I feel a little twinge, I then rub it, but nothing really painful. But the bump is there and tender.

Dr Brims :

Okay, this might be a muscle tear, and it may take time to heal, I would advise you rest it for about 4 weeks

Customer:

ok, what about the bump near the ac joint. Do you think that is a bone spur from this injury?

Customer:

the bump is more of the concern...

Dr Brims :

No, it may be the muscle , or it may be cartilage or a tendon

Customer:

ah, will that bump go down with time?...rest, ice, etc.

Dr Brims :

It should go down with time, with rest

Customer:

ok, thanks for the insight.

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future you may start them with "Dr Brims" and I will reply and chat with you

Dr Brims :

Please remember to click on a rating button prior to exiting the chat session