Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I keep feeling this wiggly feeling in my lips. It has been

I keep feeling this wiggly feeling in my lips. It has been on and off for months. It went away for awhile, now back for about a week. I am trying to stay hydrated. Before this, I had some small twithes, but those are gone. I still fell the wiggly feeling in the lips and chin.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Customer:

Thanks. First of all, I do want this to be confidential. I dont want the forum posted on the internet.

Dr Brims :

ok

Dr Brims :

Do you have any medical conditions or take any medication?

Customer:

Several months ago, my doctor did some tests and determined that I was low on Vitamin D. So I started taking that. It resolved some dizziness, but the wiggling still comes and goes.

Dr Brims :

How are your calcium levels?

Customer:

Dont know

Customer:

I take multivitamins daily, but dont know the calcium content.

Dr Brims :

Okay, and you don't take any other medication?

Customer:

I am totally off caffienne too.

Customer:

no medication

Dr Brims :

I see, does the feeling come and go or is it constant?

Customer:

pretty constant

Customer:

mostly lower lip too

Dr Brims :

Okay, this may be due to an electrolyte abnormality causing an irritated nerve

Dr Brims :

I would think you may benefit from drinking fluids rich in electrolytes like gatorade, and having a blood test called a complete metabolic profile

Customer:

I have wondered if the vitamins are too much electrolyte and maybe not enough water to go with it, but I am drinking plenty of water

Dr Brims :

Okay, you should still drink water, but try gatorade as well

Customer:

ok. what electrolytes should I be looking for?

Customer:

calcium?

Dr Brims :

The test will check all the necessary elecrtolytes, magnesium and calcium are the ones I would be most concerned with

Dr Brims :

electrolytes*

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes. are we as far as we can go on this?

Dr Brims :

No, you may still ask questions on this topic , if you have any

Customer:

not sure what else to lend. sounds like I need a complete metabolic profile.

Dr Brims :

That is the next best step I would recommend

Customer:

I wonder if when they did the vitamin D test if they did this too.

Dr Brims :

They might have done it, it is hard to determine

Customer:

I can still find the results

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

but the doctor would have told me if anything else was low or high on the tests

Dr Brims :

But you would need to repeat it regardless of if you have had the test before or not

Customer:

ok

Customer:

well I have a physical coming up a couple months

Dr Brims :

Okay

Dr Brims :

It may be addressed at that time

Customer:

thanks for your help. I just wanted to know if this was a symptom of some bigger oncoming issue.

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future, you may request me by starting the question with "Dr Brims" and I will chat with you

Customer:

thanks

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Customer:

I dont find a box to select to keep this confidential. Is that on your end?

Dr Brims :

This is all confidential, no personal information is allowed to be exchanged between us

Customer:

I found some other similar forum from 5 years ago where a woman asked a similar question. That is why I ask.

Customer:

same website

Dr Brims :

I cannot comment on that forum, but in this chat, we cannot exchange any personal information

Customer:

I see. Thanks

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Customer:

We can close this out for now

Dr Brims :

ok, to close it, please click a rating button

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience