Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

Hi. Ive been feeling flu like for about 3 days. Vomited Saturday

Hi. I've been feeling flu like for about 3 days. Vomited Saturday night. Nauseated periodically since. Little appetite. Today at work I am still lethargic and my testing heart rate has been in Low 60s which is normal for me testing in bed. Should I be concerned?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. German replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, this looks like a viral infection . Most viral infections resolve on their own in few days with self care measures within a period of 5-7 days .

However , there are some signs that you have to look for and if you experience any of these symptoms you should go to the emergency immediately like :

1-Shortness of breath
2- Persisting vomiting or fever
3-Dizziness or Fainting episodes
4-Chest pain
5-Altered state of consciousness ,sleepiness or you feel confused
6- If your symptoms do not go away or you feel better after a period of 5 days
7- If you suffer from any medical condition that makes you more susceptible to develop complications including : diabetes or having a weakened immune system you also need going to the doctor

In that case ,the doctor will need to treat you with antiviral medication or antibiotics if the infection gets complicated and intravenous fluids .

In the meantime, drink plenty of fluids , drink tea with ginger ,honey and lemon , acetaminophen or ibuprofen ( if you experience any headaches or body aches ), you could also take echinacea supplements ( they stimulate your immune system to combat the infection ). The ginger will improve your symptoms, both the flu symptoms and the nausea.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.

Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MD