Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

If been getting headaches for several years now, doctors cant

Customer Question

If been getting headaches for several years now, doctors can't find the problem. I'm alo short tempered and moody and after I acted out I will be cross at myself for doing that. I don't want to be that person. Its like I act before I can think about it. I do gt anxiety attacts now and then aswell. Can it be Biopolar,? I've read about it and sound a lot like me.
Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Besides headaches, do you have mood swings like feelings of high as well as depression?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes, some days i feel "normal" and then somedays im depressed and just want to sit in s corner an cry or stay in bed and feel sorry for myself. 2years ago i had problems with my marrage, so i thought the depresses feeling was just that, but the moods is effecting my life

Thanks Hilary. Life is filled with ups and downs with consequent mood swings! However, when your moods affect your daily functioning, you should be concerned that something is not right and you need advice / counseling. Honestly speaking, I cannot diagnose you as bipolar just from your mood swings, you would have to see a psychiatrist for that.

However, I can help you know more about bipolar disorder. Have a look up this link.

The headaches are likely consequent to your mood swings but it would be important to get a Ct scan of your brain done to exclude any other serious medical condition like aneurysm or AVM which can often cause chronic severe headache and just passed on as tension headache. Headaches due to these conditions are pretty severe in intensity and comes and goes.

i would surely like you to see a psychiatrist for your mood problems as well as the headaches at the earliest instead of just settling down for anti anxiety tablets. So,times, behavior therapy like CBT works much better than medicines alone.

If you have any further question, I would be happy to help you.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.
Thanks Hilary.

i just want you to have a good and happy life. Please follow my advice and see a psychiatrist or a psychotherapist and get the best out of life!

Good wishes!