Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

I have a small, peas sized, hardish, mobile lump near my groin

I have a small, peas sized, hardish, mobile lump near my groin (on the right side, about two inches up from my vagina).it is painful only when I touch it. is located on the right side between my groin and my vagina and I had noticed on the last couple of weeks.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : it sounds that this may be a reactive lymph node as one possibility ...
Anthony Bray MD : This could be caused by a nearby pelvic infection leading to the reactive lymph node...
Anthony Bray MD : I would advise that you have this examined by your gynecologist...
Anthony Bray MD : If the lump is within the vulva then it could be a Bartholin cyst. This is a gland that sometimes becomes blocked and infected.
Anthony Bray MD : A pelvic exam to examine you would be recommended to determine the cause and recommended treatment...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope that this information is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated! Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD

I had an ovary scan done about 8 wks a go and result was normal.

Anthony Bray MD : Well a pelvic exam would include an internal and external physical exam and possibly cultures and swabs to screen for infection. Your description did not sound connected to the ovaries really...

could also be a possibilty of the cause waxing therefore ingroing her??

Anthony Bray MD : An ingrown hair is possible....
Anthony Bray MD : Having your gynecologist examine it will help to determine the cause for you...

sorry the scan was done due to abdominal pains and lump was not present at the time!!

should I wait for few more days to see if disappear or should i have checked asap??

Anthony Bray MD : That makes sense as ovarian cysts may lead to pelvic pain but the lump - if a reactive lymph node would not be an expected consequence of ovarian cysts....
Anthony Bray MD : I don't think this is emergent but I would have it checked reasonably soon if it does not clear up on its own within a few days...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions! Take care!!

is anything i can do meanwhile ??

Anthony Bray MD : Well I would avoid manipulating it as this may make it worse. Watch for possible signs of infection such as vaginal discharge, pelvic pain or pain with intercourse...

thank you very much for your advice.

Anthony Bray MD : You are very welcome! I hope this clears up for you soon! Best regards!