Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have a small, peas sized, hardish, mobile lump near my groin

I have a small, peas sized, hardish, mobile lump near my groin (on the right side, about two inches up from my vagina).it is painful only when I touch it. is located on the right side between my groin and my vagina and I had noticed on the last couple of weeks.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : it sounds that this may be a reactive lymph node as one possibility ...
Anthony Bray MD : This could be caused by a nearby pelvic infection leading to the reactive lymph node...
Anthony Bray MD : I would advise that you have this examined by your gynecologist...
Anthony Bray MD : If the lump is within the vulva then it could be a Bartholin cyst. This is a gland that sometimes becomes blocked and infected.
Anthony Bray MD : A pelvic exam to examine you would be recommended to determine the cause and recommended treatment...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope that this information is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions and I will be happy to get back with you!
Anthony Bray MD : If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated! Thank you and best regards,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD
Customer:

I had an ovary scan done about 8 wks a go and result was normal.

Anthony Bray MD : Well a pelvic exam would include an internal and external physical exam and possibly cultures and swabs to screen for infection. Your description did not sound connected to the ovaries really...
Customer:

could also be a possibilty of the cause waxing therefore ingroing her??

Anthony Bray MD : An ingrown hair is possible....
Anthony Bray MD : Having your gynecologist examine it will help to determine the cause for you...
Customer:

sorry the scan was done due to abdominal pains and lump was not present at the time!!

Customer:

should I wait for few more days to see if disappear or should i have checked asap??

Anthony Bray MD : That makes sense as ovarian cysts may lead to pelvic pain but the lump - if a reactive lymph node would not be an expected consequence of ovarian cysts....
Anthony Bray MD : I don't think this is emergent but I would have it checked reasonably soon if it does not clear up on its own within a few days...
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this is helpful for you! Let me know if you have further questions! Take care!!
Customer:

is anything i can do meanwhile ??

Anthony Bray MD : Well I would avoid manipulating it as this may make it worse. Watch for possible signs of infection such as vaginal discharge, pelvic pain or pain with intercourse...
Customer:

thank you very much for your advice.

Anthony Bray MD : You are very welcome! I hope this clears up for you soon! Best regards!
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice