Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

Black spots on bottom of big toe in a line like a string of

Black spots on bottom of big toe in a line like a string of pearls. I've soaked it in epsom salts but it is not getting smaller. It hurts so i am not debreading it just soaking and putting neosporin on it. Not diabetic but walk with a cane. This is my "good leg". Ant advice would be welcome.
I was following your question.
Sorry about the delay in reply, I was not online.
At any rate, black spot or any dark discolored areas are concerning because it means thay the skin is necrotic.
This is often seen in the setting of poor blood flow (peripheral vascular disease), diabetes, kidney disease and infection.
You really need to see your physician asap about this, particularly since it hurts. Do not try to remove the skin, but soaking it and neosporin will not help. This is an in issue underneath the skin surface.

Keep me posted.

Please leave positive feedback if this was helpful :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I saw a Doctor who told me to soak it and take an emory board to ir. I did not think it was good advice but was told that my blood tests wete fine and I am not Diabetic. Where do you suggest I go from here?

honestly, I would see another physician.
And I would ask for a doppler ultrasound of the legs to check out the blood flow to rule out peripheral vascular disease.
I don't normally suggest that customers from this website get a second opinion, but this is one of the few times that I do...