Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

Im on microgestin 1/20 and have been for more then 5 months.

I'm on microgestin 1/20 and have been for more then 5 months. I'm currently taking the antibiotic metronidazol for BV. I had unprotected sex and he orgasmed inside me. Should I get the morning after pill just incase or won't the antibiotics affect my birth control?
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied,taking metronidazole could definitely affect the contraceptive effects of microgestin . It is always recommendable to use protection when you are taking antibiotics and contraceptive pills at the same time.

There are some morning after pills over the counter available over the counter like Next Choice .

This pill has to be taken within the first 120 hours of having unprotected sex and you have to know beforehand ,it could have some side effects like nausea,dizziness or bleeding and it can delay your period ,if you are already pregnant and the egg has already implanted ,it will not have any effect or end the pregnancy .

With this pill ,you take the first pill within the first 72 hours and the second dose 12 hours later.

If you experience any side effects , contact your physician or go to the emergency immediately.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.