Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

what drug can be a good alternative of tribenzor for hypertension

what drug can be a good alternative of tribenzor for hypertension control

There are many classes of antihypertensives and choosing the right antihypertensive depends on many factors.

It depends most strongly on the medical profile of the patient and secondly on the degree of control achieved.

Tribenzor is a three drug combination of a diuretic, calcium channel blocker and ARB. This may be the best drug for you. Only your doctor can make this decision.

But you are right to want to think of other alternatives since it is always good if the patient has an informed discussion with her doctor.

One good alternative combination that you can discuss with your doctor is methyldopa-hydrochlorothiazide [Aldoril]. This is a very effective two drug combination.

Other alternatives are clonidine-chlorthalidone [Combipres]) or a peripheral alpha-adrenergic blocker (prazosin-polythiazide [Minizide].

Discuss these combination drugs with your doctor.

But ultimately only your doctor can select the right drug for you.

Hope this shows you the way forward.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.