Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

Hello I have two bumps on the outer tip of my foreskin which

I have two bumps on the outer tip of my foreskin which appears to be healing very slowly. They are now more like rips, they dont hurt, or bleed or puss or itch. They started out as bumps but now look more like scared cuts.
1- what might this be?
2- how do i prevent the scaring?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Are you sexually active?

Since when have you noticed these bumps?

Any penile discharge?

Any tests so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes I am sexually active, however I have reduced my sexual activity significantly since I became concerned.

They came up about 3 weeks ago. There is no penile discharge whatsoever. I have not done any profesional exams yet either.

Hi there.

As you have been sexually active, I would suggest you get an STD test done to exclude genital herpes caused by HSV 2. Although you do not have any definite symptoms besides the bumps, I would ensure that you are free from any STD's to be on the safe side(if you were my patient!).
Meanwhile you can use OTc bacitracin / polymyxin ointment with clotrimazole cream on the bumps and see for any improvement in the next 2 to 3 days.

Keep the bumps clean and dry as before.

Best of luck!

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks you.

May you suggest what type of std test I should aim for?

Also I can show you images of what these look like.

You should get tested for HSV 2, condylomata acuminata are some of the likely possibilities from your description. You do not have to select as the STD tests usually check for all the possible STD infections.

Thanks for the accept.