Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Helli I have a questiin requarding the left side of my chest.

Customer Question

Helli I have a questiin requarding the left side of my chest. Ive had a sonogram an xray and breathing test and a stress test done and none have come back with anything. I have short sfabbing pains that com and go throughout the day. Has been going on for about 2 years. I was told t get a ct scan done or a mri but I have no insurance anymore due to losing my job. Is there anything you can think of that it could be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name is Dr Brims and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

Are currently on any medication?

Customer :

No.

Dr Brims :

When did the pain start?

Customer :

About 2 years ago

Dr Brims :

What side of your chest is the pain on?

Customer :

The pain is is just below my nipple on the left side of my chest. Doesnt feel like a pulled muscle but more like a stabbing pain.

Dr Brims :

Okay, this may be due to muscle spasms

Customer :

I tried meds for that and didnt work.

Dr Brims :

What meds?

Customer :

I drive trucks and dot regulations wont allow me to take that medicine

Dr Brims :

What medication did you try for muscle spasms?

Customer :

That im not sure.

Dr Brims :

Okay, if your tests have been negative so far , it may be muscle spasms or a bone cyst

Customer :

What is a bone cyst? And it cant be cancer right? Is there anything over the counter that I can take to help out

Dr Brims :

It is a an area of decreased density within the bone

Dr Brims :

Sometimes anti-inflammatory drugs like motrin or aleve are helpful for bone cysts

Customer :

Is that bad? I have four kids and wanna be adound till im old and grey. Im o ly 24 .

Dr Brims :

It is not dangerous

Customer :

Okay. Ill try those keds and see if it helps. Would you prefeer a ct scan or just the over the counter drugs

Dr Brims :

I think trying drugs is worthwhile before the CT scan

Customer :

Okay. Thanks for your help

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have any other questions on this topic, please feel free to ask

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session

Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.
Can you see my replies in the chat session?