A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
3157612

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX chapman I have a few questions

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX chapman

I have a few questions

my gf she said she has been feeling dizzy pains in the belly headaches ringing in the ears eating late at night and more during the day than useal she said she had browny red discharge
she had her period on the 8th of june iwas home that week
do you think she could be pregnant or is it too early to say sir

am quite worried just thinking the worest better to here from you please get back to me
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

Ovulation occurs about 14 days before the beginning of the next period. If she has a period about every 28 days, then her next period would begin about July 6, and ovulation would be about the 22nd of June. If intercourse occurs within a day or two of ovulation, then pregnancy can result. It takes a few days for the egg to move down the fallopian tubes and implant in the lining of the uterus. This can cause some pink bleeding, and it is the first time that the pregnancy hormone beta hCG is released. This is the hormone that triggers a positive pregnancy test. It is usually time for the next period before it is possible to detect pregnancy, and also the first time that any pregnancy symptoms occur. It is more likely that she is having some bleeding at mid cycle (called mittelschmerz). The pain is usually on the side that is ovulation that month, and occurs before, during or after ovulation. It is also possible that she has developed an infection that is causing the discharge.

She can wait until her period is due and take a pregnancy test to make sure she isn't pregnant, but she probably isn't.

All the best,

Schuyler

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you you have put my mind at rest I think you are right I don't think my gf is pregnant to be honest we are not ready for children yet been togeather 3 years but we will make sure that the pregnancy test is done tho dr thank you ever so much

You're so very welcome. I hope it turns out the way you both want.

All the best,

Schuyler