Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I was prescribed anti-biotics a (Z-pack to be exact) for a

I was prescribed anti-biotics a (Z-pack to be exact) for a sinus infection and an ear infection. I was on my 5th birth control pill (ortho tri-cyclen) and had unprotected sex and my partner ejaculated in me. I honestly forgot I was on birth control. I took Plan B one step the day after, and immediately stopped the Z pack. I do not want to be pregnant at all. But could I be?
Hi--first off it would still be very unlikely that this one event would have gotten you pregnant even considering the interaction of birth control pills and some antibiotics. Considering that you took plan B in an appropriate time frame, I'd say there's hardly any chance you're pregnant. Unfortunately, no doctor could tell you there's absolutely no chance you're pregnant, so let your doctor know about this.