Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

hi Doc i had protected sex with my girlfriend last night and

hi Doc i had protected sex with my girlfriend last night and right before i ejaculated i pulled off the condom and some of my sperm landed around her vagina area. is there a chance she can become pregnant? I was completely outside of her when i came just some of it got on her vagina. Should i be worried about preganancy?
Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you know the date of her last menstrual period(LMP)?
Is she taking any pills?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

her last period was a 3 weeks ago. And she is not taking any pills.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

Yes,there can be chance of pregnancy.Even sperm outside the vagina, but on the vulva or on skin of stomach near the vulva, can travel to the uterus and cause pregnancy.

Even if she would have wiped it,but the spermatozoa swims very fast and can reach upto uterus resulting in pregnancy.As the sperms landed nera vagina,these cunning swimmers (spermatozoa) may reach goal and can lead to pregnancy.

As her last menstrual period was 3 weeks ago,this means that she was not in her ovulation period(where the chances of pregnancy is maximum),this decreases the possibility of pregnancy.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that as the sperm landed near vagina,there can be a chance of pregnancy.She should have a pregnancy test done so as to clear the matter.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

Thank you for your question:

Since this occurred less than 72 hours ago, your girlfriend may want to consider using Plan B - "the morning after pill" - an emergency contraceptive.

Here is a link to information about Plan B

Waiting until a pregnancy test is positive really is too late.