Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

What works to get rid of large black ants on my concrete steps

What works to get rid of large black ants on my concrete steps and walkway outside?
There are a number of things you can do.

You can spray the areas with a mixture of three parts water and one part vinegar. This will keep the ants off. But you need to do this regularly.

For a stronger effect, get an insecticide that contains bifenthrin, permethrin, or deltamethrin. Spray it on these areas. The ants wont venture on to the sprayed areas even after the solution has dried.

For a permanent solution, you have to find the nest and destroy it. Follo the ant trail back and locate the nest and spray the nest with insecticide. You have to spray completely so that the entire nest is destroyed. This will give you a permanent solution.

Hope this shows you the way forward.

I hope my answer has satisfied you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Is there any further information that you need? Please do write if you wanted to know something more.

Do write back to me if you have any follow up questions,

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti