Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I woke up on Friday morning with extreme pain in my right foot.

I woke up on Friday morning with extreme pain in my right foot. The pain seems to radiate from the ankle and area where the foot meets the leg. The pain is so severe that I can barely walk on it. I have a sneaky suspicion that my 60kg bullmastiff slept on my foot that night. Is it worth going to the doctor or just ride it out?

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Is there any swelling?

Customer:

Yes, the foot is swollen

Dr Brims :

Do you have any medical conditions or take any medication?

Customer:

The only medication I take is paxil but I have taken that for years and have never had a problem. Besides that I have no medical conditions.

Dr Brims :

Okay, is the whole foot swollen or a certain part?

Customer:

I can see it most around the ankle area but my whole right foot looks bigger than my left one.

Dr Brims :

Okay, then it is possible it is either a sprain or a fracture, I would avoid placing weight on it, and if it does not improve within 5 days you should see your doctor for an exam and an x ray

Customer:

ok thanks a lot

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future, you may request me by starting it with "Dr Brims"

Dr Brims :

If you still have questions on this topic please feel free to ask

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, you may click a rating button to clos the chat session

Dr Brims :

Are you there?