Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I have had strep throat twice in the last month and a half.

I have had strep throat twice in the last month and a half. I just finished my second round of antibiotics 3 days ago. Today, I woke up with a scratchy throat(not sore at all) and a headach. Wondering if I should go back to the dr.? It's becoming very expensive!
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, there is no need for you to go to the doctor ,specially if you finished your second round of antibiotics 3 days ago .

What you could do at this time to alleviate your symptoms is mixing one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one cup of warm milk or prepare a tea with honey ,ginger and lemon . You could drink any of these two natural remedies 2-3 times per day so you can feel better . These remedies have anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects . You could take acetaminophen or ibuprofen which you can get over the counter for the headache .

You need to consult your doctor if your symptoms persist longer than 5-7 days .

In that case , your doctor will need to investigate what you are experiencing these recurrent infections ,they can be caused by different factors like : chronic tonsil gland or sinuses ( these are the air filled cavities that surround your nose ) inflammation, antibiotic resistance ,allergies or gastroesophageal reflux ( in this condition,the stomach acid juices flow back into the esophagus through a weakened lower esophageal sphincter ) . If any of these factors is making you prone to these recurrent infections, your doctor will need to treat that underlying condition.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.