Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Ive had some off and on abdominal pains for the past two weeks.

Ive had some off and on abdominal pains for the past two weeks. I thought it was just a stress symptom since I just moved, started a new job, and had to find an apartment. Plus im pretty anxiety prone. Tonight though the pain really hurts. Its just to the left of my belly button. It hurts when I sit or curl up or bend my core in. It also hurts to press on just that spot. I thought I had felt a bump while I was pressing on it but now I cant seem to feel one or im just too chicken to press in hard enough to make it hurt. I dont wanna be too worried but its in my nature to be that way. Do I have a hurnia or something even more serious?

Hello JA customer,

Thanks for your question.

Kindly provide detailed information so as to answer you in a better way.

Is the pain localised at one spot or generalised over an area?

Do you feel any associated nausea or vomiting?

When was your LMP?Are your periods regular?

What about bowel movement?Any associated constipation or diarrhoea?

Any mass protruding out of the abdomen on coughing?(Hernia)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
earlier in the week it I had general discomfort in ither areas of my belly. right now it os just one spot just to the left of my belly button.

I dont feel nausea and have not vomited

My periods are pretty regular. I did notic a little spotting earlier this week but I get that time to time. Dont think ive ever had an LMP...tho im not sexually active either.

bowel movements are regular for me but ive always been irregular since I was a child ...but nothing has changed from my norm.

also I dont have any noticable protrusions

Probably the pain may be due to intestinal colic or flatulence.

You can take some anti spasmodic medicine like buscopain etc and if the pain persist you can visit your doctor for a urine routine examination and ultrasound of the whole abdomen.

Usually hernia presents as a protruding mass on coughing from the abdomen.

So that does not seem to be the case.

If you develop any symptoms like severe pain, nausea or vomiting you should be seen in ER.