Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

My 2.75 year old daughter was bit by a bug, we think its a

My 2.75 year old daughter was bit by a bug, we think it's a spider. We took her to the Dr. and he told us to monitor the bite for signs of necrosis or progression. Here are the photos we have...

http:[email protected]/9034991265/

She doesn't seem to be rubbing or scratching it. But she won't let mom touch it.

Is there something other than a bit of cortizone and neosporin that we need to do at this moment?
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you assistance until you are satisfied, what you could do in the meantime is apply ice pads or you could also apply 1-2 drops of tea tree oil to decrease the swelling .

With bug bites or spider bites ,there is usually also a lot of itching , you could apply mentol gel to alleviate the itching.

In case ,she feels a lot of pain , You could apply a bug bite relief patch which you can get over the counter .

To make the lesion heal faster , You could get a natural product called tamanu oil , which has all properties together , antiinflammatory , anti-itching , decrease the redness ,the swelling ,has antimicrobial properties and improve circulation . This product is excellent specially with bug and spider bites .

If she experiences any signs of necrosis or additional symptoms like headaches,fever ,chills, nausea ,vomiting ,leg cramps ,a lot of pain ,shortness of breath ,palpitations or rapid pulse , You must take her to the emergency immediately.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.