Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

I just had blood results sent to me and they were abnormal.

I just had blood results sent to me and they were abnormal. What could be going on? Results: (HIGH) WBC, NEUTROPHILS, MCV, and MCH. (LOW): MONOCYTES
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr Brims :

Can you please list the exact results?

Dr Brims :

(values)

Customer:

WBC 12.5

Customer:

WBC 12.5, MCV 105.5, MCH 35.7, neutrophils absolute 10338, and monocytes absolute 188

Dr Brims :

Why did you have the blood test?

Customer:

I also had a urinalysis and it showed- trace of ketones and mucus and protein,total,QL was 30 (1+)

Dr Brims :

Can you see my last reply?

Customer:

I had them done for a job

Dr Brims :

Do you have any medical conditions or take ANY medication?

Customer:

I have Celiac disease, mitral valve prolapse, gerd, and anxiety. I take nexium, wellbutrin, buspirone hcl, and Nortrel(birth control)

Dr Brims :

Did you have any symptoms prior to taking the test?

Customer:

It was back in January but not that I can remember.

Dr Brims :

Okay, these are very slightly elevated, but they could be due to a bacterial infection or stress

Customer:

I was really stressed out that day(had anxiety the whole time I was there).

Dr Brims :

You may also have folic acid deficiency or vitamin B12 deficiency

Dr Brims :

Okay

Customer:

What causes that?

Dr Brims :

Inadequate digestion of the vitamins causes both deficiancies

Customer:

Do you recommend me to see my primary about these lab results?

Customer:

Do you recommend me seeing my primary about these lab results?

Customer:

Sorry, I didn't think the first one went through

Dr Brims :

Yes, they must be repeated to be sure they have returned to normal

Dr Brims :

no problem

Dr Brims :

I don't think you need to worry, but just to be sure the tests should be repeated

Customer:

Well I have an appt. next month with her, can it wait till then?

Dr Brims :

Yes, it can wait until next month

Customer:

What about my urinalysis, Is that any concern?

Dr Brims :

Yes, that must be repeated as well, it may be a sign you have high blood pressure, and you may need to start medication for it

Customer:

Actually my BP has been going up within the past year and I just asked my Doctor about that. She told me to drink more water and I am currently smoking an ECig instead of regular cigarettes. Hope those two things help bring it down. Last reading was 153/94

Dr Brims :

Okay, if it is still that high you should discuss starting medication with your doctor to lower it

Customer:

Ok thanks for your help!! Hope all my levels go back to normal : )

Dr Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr Brims :

I hope so too

Dr Brims :

If you have any questions in the future, you may request me by starting them with "Dr Brims"

Dr Brims :

and I will answer

Customer:

Thanks again!

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Dr Brims :

If you have no other questions on this topic, you may click a rating button to close the chat session

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience