Ask Your Health Question and Get an Answer ASAP
The treatment is almost same for all these conditions with the minor variations. Following may help you;
1) Moist heat or ice compresses; whatever suits you
2) Anti-inflammatory analgesics like Ibuprofen
3) Local analgesic ointment /spray
4) Physical therapy
5) Deep electrotherapy like iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation etc.
6) Consideration of steroid shot
7) Shock wave therapy
8) Custom-fabricated inserts in shoe-wear
There is a new therapy called as autologous blood injection in which your own blood is injected at the pain site, is said to be quite effective. Shock wave therapy is available in sport medicine clinics or physical therapy clinics. This too is suppose to help in the resistant cases.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.
So is it safe to say I have one of the 5 described symptoms? Given that this has been going on for a year, should I go directly to a Doctor to have x-rays done and offcially find out what the problem is? Or should I try the at home remedies first? And if I exercised as I described, will I cause more injury, I am 40lbs overweight and really need to exercise?