Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Ive been having issues with many areas of my body have connective

I've been having issues with many areas of my body have connective tissues. I have pain in my feet, hips, shoulders, butt, neck where the muscles connect. I hope I am explaining this correctly. I get massages weekly and my therapist has told me over and over that my pained areas are where my muscles come together. I'm also told I have tendinitis in many areas. Shoulders, elbows, hips, etc. Is there some kind of disorder linked to these problems or is there something I can do to make things better. Right now I am on 800 Motrin, 3 times a day and am also using a topical prescription medication for inflammation, prescribed by a podiatrist. I'm suppose to do that for 21 days and see how I feel. A week into it, I'm not in as much pain, but I still feel some pain.
Hi--have you had any blood tests to look for a cause here and how long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I just had a physical 6 weeks ago and they did all my blood work. It all came back normal. They did not do blood work specifically for my pain issues. The Dr referred me to a podiatrist and physical therapy for my hip tendinitis.

OK. Any other symptoms like fever, headache, stomach issues?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had ice pick headaches for 5 full days a couple months ago and I've had a cough since the end of November. Dr took xrays of lungs and has me taking 28 days of Prilosec. I do not smoke and never have but he asked if I ever have heartburn and I do on occasion. He thought maybe that was causing my cough. I have 5 days left of Prilosec treatment and the cough is better, but still there. I have not had heartburn once since taking the Prilosec. No stomach issues or fevers.

OK. All I can do is give you possibilities here but you'll need blood work to check for them--Lyme disease, heavy metal toxicity (lead and mercury), chronic fatigue syndrome with elevated EBV virus titers, and possibly an autoimmune disorder like lupus or polymyalgia rheumatica. Fibromyalgia is also in the differential here but that is diagnosed with physical exam and eliminated the other possibilities I mentioned. This isn't a podiatry condition
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your suggestions on what to look into.

My pleasure but please let me know how it goes