Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician

i was sitting in the meeting and felt a sharp sensation in

i was sitting in the meeting and felt a sharp sensation in the side of my head, near temple. it was only for like a second.
Category: Health
Expert:  Robert Fernando replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Did you felt sudden pain in left side of head?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Has this happened only once?
On a grade of 1 to 10 how will you rate the pain?
Do you have any other associated symptoms?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes. left. how did you know/deduce? does it matter?

not on medication.

yes, only once.

it was not even a pain, but sharp sort of ping.

what kind of other symptoms?

Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

Well, as there was no numbness or weakness in body, so it means that it is not a Neurologic problem.
If you were above 60 yrs of age i would have thought of temporal arteritis but it rarely may happen at your age.

It doesn't sounds to be related with Ear infection /sinusitis/ High blood pressure. Most likely your symptoms are not related with any serious issue.

It can occur with Migraine, as it has happens to one side of head, and occurred for a very short period.
Such condition can become aggravated by high stress periods,hormonal changes,irregular sleep,food habits,bad lifestyles etc.There can be various triggering agents.

If this is tension headache, then they often respond well to massage therapy and stress reduction techniques such as breathing exercises and meditation.

A thorough clinical examination should be done by your doctor.
I would suggest you to see your doctor, discuss these options and get appropriate management.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but, what was it? and why did you ask if it were on the left side?

Dear Customer,Thanks for asking follow up question.
I can understand your concern.

This can be a Migraine attack or a Cluster headache.
These symptoms can also occur in mixed tension migraine that is a headache with features of both tension(stress)and migraine headaches. Stress is an important causative factor of such condition.

I asked for left side, as left side sudden headache with sudden numbness in arm/ or one side of body can be indicative of serious Neurologic problem.
You don't have to worry for such serious cause.

Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, Experienced Family Physician