Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I have 3 skin colored circles on the glands, they dont hurt.

I have 3 skin colored circles on the glands, they don't hurt. It was just 1 to start with, now after 2 months they have become 3. The circles are just raised less than 1mm over the glands skin, what could this be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Hello Tom,

I am Dr. Phophalia and would answer your question today.

Just to confirm; these are on skin of glans penis?
Are you exposed to unsafe sex?
Any significant past medical illness?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, on the skin of the glans. No itching or pain, they are just there... same color as glans

I have been exposed to unsafe sex, only with friends I know, but who knows...?

No medical illness in the past.

Hello Tom,

This is likely to be pearly penile papule. This does not require treatment. Only cosmetic concern (looking unsightly) may warrant treatment like laser by a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Circles, like this -> O Size of the circles are between 0,3-0,7cm

Raised LESS than 1mm, almost not visible, 3 circles. Only the outline of the circle is raised(very little raised)

Google translate tells me the word raised is this:

ऊपर उठाया हुआ

in hindi

Hello Tom,

Apart from the pearly penile papules, as we discussed above, the other possibilites to consult would be Molluscum contagiosum. This is a viral disease and subside on its own in around 6-12 months. A very remote possibility of genital wart may also be considered if these are raised. Thanks for the Hindi translation. My medical and other education has been in English (our medium of instruction is English only), so please let me know, if we need to discuss it further.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried to google pictures of the conditions you mentioned, but it doesn't seem like any of those, i'll attach a link to a picture here, if you are able to open it?

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/67682293/file.html:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/67682293/file.html

Hello Tom,

I saw the photo. Thanks for it. These are physiological depression with the elevated margins and do not point to any disease process. These do occur in the penis with self resolution spontaneously. This occurs due to outermost layer of the skin peeling off and should heal on its own.

Nothing serious or significant here.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine