Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

Ive had this rash it appears like on my penis for about a

I've had this rash it appears like on my penis for about a month now. I went two weeks ago to get checked for STDs and nothing came up. I tested for HIV, Herpes, Chlamydia, and Ghonnorea. I was advised that it might be a yeast infection by someone on this sight. I have not had a physical exam on my penis by a doctor though. I have been applying lotrimin but the red spot seem to turn white and fade but more come back in a different spot any idea why this might be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Saha :

Dr. Saha :

Thank you for your question,

Dr. Saha :

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

Dr. Saha :

How does the rash look like?

Dr. Saha :

How large is it?

Customer:

It starts out as like a spot on the skin there is nothing open or bleeding. Its smaller than a cm.

Customer:

Its starts out red.

Dr. Saha :

Is there any fluid filled vesicle in it? or pus?

Customer:

No.

Dr. Saha :

Do you feel itching, pain?

Customer:

I once felt pain about a week after having intercourse in my testicles but that went away. Later I felt pain in my lower abdomin.

Customer:

It was although with a condomn

Dr. Saha :

Is there any itching in the rash itself?

Customer:

No

Dr. Saha :

There can be a few possibilities.

Dr. Saha :

A fungal infection can occur there.

Dr. Saha :

It can take time to heal.

Dr. Saha :

You can need oral medicine in addition to cream.

Customer:

I did not get tested for syphillis do you think that this may be a possibility

Dr. Saha :

There can be an allergy or dermatitis too..

Dr. Saha :

Is there any ulcer there?

Dr. Saha :

When did you have sex? After how many days did the rash develop?

Customer:

I'm not sure what an ulcer is

Customer:

About 3-4 weeks

Dr. Saha :

Ulcer is like an wound where the skin seems broken.

Customer:

I last had sex about three months ago

Dr. Saha :

Did you develop the rash after 3-4 weeks of sex?

Customer:

No the skin hasn't broken it just comes up as red ovals or circles. And Yes

Dr. Saha :

Syphilis is a probable cause but if you used condom it would prevent.

Dr. Saha :

I would suggest to get it examined by doctor.

Customer:

Ok

Dr. Saha :

Doctor can take a blood test for it.

Dr. Saha :

In addition, he can prescribe oral medicine if it come out to be fungal.

Dr. Saha :

It’s been a pleasure working with you
Dr. Saha :

If you have any further query, please feel free to ask.

Customer:

No need thank you I'll go see a Doctor when I can.

Dr. Saha :

You are always welcome.

Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience