Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

For a Pediatrician: We have 2 very lively and loud twin girls

For a Pediatrician: We have 2 very lively and loud twin girls of almost 3 years old. We leave on an 11 hour Transatlantic flight in 2 weeks time. The last time they travelled they screamed for 5 hours straight. We need to give them something SAFE but which will keep them calm and preferably asleep for the duration of the trip. they weigh approx. 30 lbs., (14 kilos). They have had Benadryl for allergies (5 mll). How much can we safely give them for the 11 hour flight (and would it be in 1 dose or 2 doses lasting about 5 hours each ?).
Or do you have any other suggestion ?
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

There are no pediatricians online now.

I am DR. BORA and have read through your question and would be glad to help you.

According to the weight and age, the dose of benadryl would be one tsf (tea spoon full) or 5 ml for the first 6 hours and then you can give another 5 ml / 1 tsf for the next 5 hours. This is the standard protocol and it is quite safe and I am sure your twins would have a sound sleep through the flight.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Hello Lundi, I guess I have answered your question. Do you have any more question?
If you need any refrence, here is a link that you can get through.

I hope my answer has helped you.