Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

i saw blood on the tissue paper once last month after a visit

i saw blood on the tissue paper once last month after a visit to the washroom. it was just at that instant. it didn't continue the next day. this morning again i saw bright red blood at first and when i tried to clean again it was lighter. I'm TTC and i don't know what the problem could be. I normally have irregular periods

Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

I am Dr. Phophalia and would assist you. today.

Since when are you trying to conceive?
When was your last period?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

since december 2012. last period was 23rd April,2013

Have you done a pregnancy test?
Usually how much duration is your period cycle?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

cycle varies. sometimes 28, 35,49.

i did a home test 2 weeks ago but it was negative.

You should repeat the pregnancy test. Also an ultrasound would also be advised to rule out an ectopic pregnancy which may be responsible for the irregular bleed and pregnancy test may be delayed. The other causes can be;

1) fibroid uterus
2) endocervical polyp
3) hormonal imbalances.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so does it mean that you get negative results for ectopic pregnancy

The pregnancy hormones take far more time to rise to be detected by the pregnancy test (especially the urine home pregnancy test) in ectopic pregnancy test.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am taking pregnacare conception pills as well as m2 tone . could that result in hormonal imbalances and cause the bleeding?

These usually do not cause hormonal abnormality. The hormonal imbalance can be just spontaneous body responses and no specific cause is responsible.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. which ultrasound should i go in for?

A pelvic (vaginal) ultrasound is best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will be able to give u the results wen im done?

Yes, you can come back to this thread for follow ups (without charge) even if you rate the answer now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you.

You are very welcome.

Good luck.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm Camille, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Please let me know, your follow up question.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i completed clomid 100mg daily about 4 days ago and i am still bleeding. what could be the problem

Hello and welcome,

Did your doctor do an ultrasound and blood work?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i saw him and he said he would'nt do the US .he gave me provera and clomid. i took clomid the 2nd day after i saw blood i did an LH on my own .

Following can be the causes;

1) Fibroid uterus

2) Uterine polyp

3) Endocervical polyp

4) Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism

5) Prolactin abnormalities

6) Endometrial hyperplasia

7) Other hormonal aberrations

8) Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)

An ultrasound, blood work and pelvic examination are done to determine the cause.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what does LH of 12.4 mean

This is the normal value of LH. So this is not likely to be responsible for the spotting. A normal result for am adult female is 5 to 25 IU/L.