Dear Bill, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.
Having light pink phlegm can be indicative of blood discharge from throat.
It can occur with Throat irritation or Laryngitis.
Associated symptoms like- headache ( pressure within head), facial pain, post nasal drip is indicative of sinus infection.
The sinusitis may be caused by bacterial or viral infection. The majority of the sinusitis is due to the viral cause. Up to two-thirds of people with acute sinusitis improve on their own without antibiotic treatment.
Current guidelines suggest decongestants and saline nasal sprays as first line of treatment.
Kindly follow these home measures-
1. You should take Antihistamines like Alavert 10 mg( OTC) once a day.
2. Saline nasal irrigation would be very helpful.
3. You should use decongestants like- Sudafed
120 mg once daily(OTC)
4. Another important home treatment is Menthol steam inhalation - add Menthol salts (available as OTC) to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the steam 2-3 times daily, this will relieve the congestion.
5. Spicy foods that contain hot peppers or horseradish may help clear sinuses.
6. Drinking plenty of fluids and getting rest would improve your condition.
7. For associated pain you can take Tylenol.
8. Chicken soup helps in resolving congestion and aches.
It may take few days, say 5-7 days for symptoms to get completely resolve. Please follow above measures for next few days, and most likely you would be free from symptoms.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.