Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I am a 26 year old female with polycystic ovarian syndrome,

I am a 26 year old female with polycystic ovarian syndrome, insulin resistance, slightly high blood pressure, and a mildly dilated right ventricle (heart) which the doctor does not know the cause of. I am not taking any medications. For about 2 years now I have had functional weakness all the way down my right side from my eye to my leg. No pain or numbness or tingling when this happens. My right eye feels droopy/weak but no one says they can tell. I can do all my regular activities when it happens. I bike and work out at the gym and it doesn't hinder me. I haven't had an MRI because I am claustrophobic and my insurance will not cover me getting an open MRI so I don't know what to do at this point but ask a doctor on here what they think could be causing this??

I am Dr. Phophalia and would assist you today.

Do you have neck pain or decreased neck movements?
Are you anxious?
Were your thyroid function tests normal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have neck pain and I have had my thyroid levels tested yearly my whole life but they were always normal until last year I had a bad virus and went to an urgent care and they said my levels were just a little bit low but thats the only time my thyroid has been off. I am anxious about this particular problem but as far as stress in my life its pretty low.

Even a mild low thyroid levels can cause muscle weakness all over the body or in isolated muscle groups. With polycystic ovarian syndrome and insulin resistance; mild hormonal changes may co-exist. While MRI of the brain and cervical spine (neck) is the best way to rule out any neurological issue; with you being able to perform good exercises and physical activity; anything serious neurological problem is quite unlikely. You may though get your adrenal and thyroid tests which may be occasionally responsible for these symptoms. This is just for an overall evaluation. A referral to a neurologist also may be sought to confirm neurological and musculoskeletal normalcy.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.