Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

Hello I have a small whiteish bump on the right side of my

Hello I have a small whiteish bump on the right side of my tongue to the back ot hurts off and on never had this before is it a canker soar?

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

How long has it been there?

Dr. R. Bora :

Hello? Are you there. Can we chat?

Hi Natalie, you seem to be offline.

I will be waiting till you come online.

But till then I would just like to tell you that the painful bump could be a canker sore, one of the common reasons for painful tongue bump. However, if your tongue appears dry, there is also a possibility for bacterial infection .

Avoid foods with high acidity like citrus fruit and anything with tomatoes. Acid will irritate your white bump even more, causing extra pain. You may also want to stay away from foods with sharp edges (chips, crackers, etc.) that could cut your mouth and the white bump on your tongue.

Generally, white tongue bumps heal on their own in about 4 to 10 days. Take vitamin B complex daily which is beneficial for reducing canker sores.

If for some reason they don’t, or if the pain in your tongue increases, see a doctor. He or she may be able to diagnose exactly what is wrong with your tongue and give you more treatment options.

You can use orabrush which is especially meant to clean your tongue.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Thanks Natalie.

Have a good day!

If you have any new questions for m, please request me as DR. BORA in the opening statement of the question.