Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have been waking up all morning about every hour with burning

I have been waking up all morning about every hour with burning in the top part of my stomach. My stomach feels hard and I might be feeling pressure, I'm not sure because the pain is intense for a bit and then subsides for about an hour. At first I thought it might be heartburn and I was taking pepto bismol every time I got up, but now it feels like it might be moving a little to the left. Two days ago I was very sick with what was almost this feeling. I vomited and had diarrhea for about 4 hours and was very sick and nauseaus all day and into the next day.

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Since how long you have this stomach pain?

Is this just below rib cage in midline?

Do you feel better after you eat something?

Are you better than before with regard to your diarrhea and nausea?

Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I first had this pain about three days ago, but it was a little different then.
It is right below my rib cage and about midline, but it seems also to be moving towards the left.
I haven't eaten anything
I am not having diarrhea but am somewhat nauseas
Deborah thanks a lot for your input. It is difficult to pinpoint the cause in such cases because lots of structures are lying close to each other. However as per symptoms the likely cause is heartburn (stomach ulcer), gastritis or very rarely it can be related to pancreas. Pancreas pain is least likely because in that case it is supposed to be very severe. For practical guidance I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations OTC cap omeprazole 40mg once daily and OTC tab dramamine one tablet thrice daily can be tried. Hopefully they will help with the pain in next 24 hours. Along with this sips of cold milk are advised. If symptoms persist in next 24 hours, visit your doctor for an examination and investigations as per suspicion but i am hopeful that you will feel better soon. I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.
HI, I was just concerned so i thought, i should ask that how are you feeling now? Regards