Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I have burning pain in my left side which started yesterday

I have burning pain in my left side which started yesterday morning. It began who sharp needle like stabs but has now evolved to and almost constant burning. I was in Aruba and had a whole red snapper the evening before this started and was wondering if i may have swallowed a bone. I was also running a slight temperature yesterday but do have a normal temperature now but still have the burning. Is this something you think i should have checked out?

Dr. R. Bora : Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.
Dr. R. Bora : Would you like to chat?
Dr. R. Bora : Is the burning pain in the left lower lower abdomen?
Customer: yes. It starts about an inch or so under my ribs and stay in that general vicinity
Dr. R. Bora : Alright. A bone cannot get stuck in that area.
Dr. R. Bora : But the burning pain could be due to gastric acidity.
Dr. R. Bora : One more possibility is left kidney stone
Customer: OK. what do you think i should do? I also have slight shortness of breath but not a major hard time breathing.
Dr. R. Bora : This could be attributed to the pain itself.
Dr. R. Bora : You can take prevacid in empty stomach , this is likely to cure the burning feeling.
Dr. R. Bora : If the burning continues, take tums or maalox.
Customer: I do not have prevacid but i do have nexium 40 mg capsules
Dr. R. Bora : Your symptoms should be taken care of within 24 hours with these OTC medicines.
Dr. R. Bora : That is alright. Take one in empty stomach.
Dr. R. Bora : In case there is no relief, you have to see your GP.
Dr. R. Bora : Hello,do you need any more help?
Customer: no this was helpful. I will take some Tums now. I had a yogurt and coffee about 2 hours ago. When should i take the nexium?
Dr. R. Bora : Ok. Don't take anything now for at least an hour and take the nexium with a glass of water.
Dr. R. Bora : Take the tums now and one hour later, take the nexium.
Dr. R. Bora : I hope my answer has helped you.
Customer: This was helpful. Thank You.
Dr. R. Bora : You are welcome.
Dr. R. Bora : Have a great day ahead!
Dr. R. Bora : Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr. R. Bora : Are you there?
Hello Bill,
How are you?
We had a chat 2 days back and I had given you a good answer. But you did not rate my answer.
Do you still need help?
Thanks,
Dr. Bora.