Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

I have burning pain in my left side which started yesterday

I have burning pain in my left side which started yesterday morning. It began who sharp needle like stabs but has now evolved to and almost constant burning. I was in Aruba and had a whole red snapper the evening before this started and was wondering if i may have swallowed a bone. I was also running a slight temperature yesterday but do have a normal temperature now but still have the burning. Is this something you think i should have checked out?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.

Dr. R. Bora : Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.
Dr. R. Bora : Would you like to chat?
Dr. R. Bora : Is the burning pain in the left lower lower abdomen?
Customer: yes. It starts about an inch or so under my ribs and stay in that general vicinity
Dr. R. Bora : Alright. A bone cannot get stuck in that area.
Dr. R. Bora : But the burning pain could be due to gastric acidity.
Dr. R. Bora : One more possibility is left kidney stone
Customer: OK. what do you think i should do? I also have slight shortness of breath but not a major hard time breathing.
Dr. R. Bora : This could be attributed to the pain itself.
Dr. R. Bora : You can take prevacid in empty stomach , this is likely to cure the burning feeling.
Dr. R. Bora : If the burning continues, take tums or maalox.
Customer: I do not have prevacid but i do have nexium 40 mg capsules
Dr. R. Bora : Your symptoms should be taken care of within 24 hours with these OTC medicines.
Dr. R. Bora : That is alright. Take one in empty stomach.
Dr. R. Bora : In case there is no relief, you have to see your GP.
Dr. R. Bora : Hello,do you need any more help?
Customer: no this was helpful. I will take some Tums now. I had a yogurt and coffee about 2 hours ago. When should i take the nexium?
Dr. R. Bora : Ok. Don't take anything now for at least an hour and take the nexium with a glass of water.
Dr. R. Bora : Take the tums now and one hour later, take the nexium.
Dr. R. Bora : I hope my answer has helped you.
Customer: This was helpful. Thank You.
Dr. R. Bora : You are welcome.
Dr. R. Bora : Have a great day ahead!
Dr. R. Bora : Please remember to rate my service positive once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Dr. R. Bora : Are you there?
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hello Bill,
How are you?
We had a chat 2 days back and I had given you a good answer. But you did not rate my answer.
Do you still need help?
Thanks,
Dr. Bora.