Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have this weird extreme tiredness

star-full

I have this weird extreme tiredness
Weird?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its been a struggle to keep my eyes open the last week or so.
I can't do much with just that--give me more info here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can barely stay awake until 730. I sleep all night and get up at 520. Marty says theres no way i can be sleeping becsuse i answer him when je asks me questions
Just because you may briefly respond to him doesn't mean you aren't sleeping, and quite frankly I wouldn't trust his statements any more than I could throw him. You mean you actually almost drift off to sleep during the day?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. I dont really know whatd going on but something is
How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just the past week or two. But theses past couple days its been really bad
And I don't suppose you've mentioned it to your doctor since you're just now telling me about it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No if its still going on when i go for my preop on 7/9 i thought id mention it to him. Just fyi i wouldnt be mentioning it to you either but these last couple days have been horrible
Has to be a sleep problem if it's true sleepiness--even if you think you sleep soundly through the night. Someone doesn't suddenly get narcolepsy out of the blue like that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What can i do to make it better
You always ask that. Right now I don't have any specific recommendations--certainly you don't need any sleep meds or supplements
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Havent been taking anythung for sleep. How long do i wait to see if it goes away?
That isn't a good question--talk to your doctor about getting a sleep study
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is it normal mot to remeber any dreams
I have about one dream I remember every year or so
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Night.
Nite
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Maybe im getting too much sleep thats why im tired. Yesterday i was up at 530am. Slept from 400pm-930pm. Slept from 11pm until now
Could be
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you angry af me
No but not much to say about this one subject
If you have weird tiredness. You need to go to an MD and get blood test to rule out any mono, or anemia. If all checks out., and you find yourself falling asleep at inappropriate times or places, and always sleeping , you need to get your sleep evaluated to rule out a form of narcolepsy or hypersomnia. .Go to narcolepsy network to read more about it. But first get the blood checked.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would not like your help but thanks
She obviously didn't know your story but nice of her to try
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I know. But just fyi my hgb is fine its 12
This doesn't sound like a hgb problem
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ive been taking vicodin but that wouldnt br causing thr problem
Only if you're either taking too much or too frequently during the daytime
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im taking one every 5ish hours
Well try not taking it during the day
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you believe me that my stomach still hurts
Sure
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That doesnt sound too convincing.
That's in your mind alone. What should I have said--absolutely, no doubt about it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes that exactly what you should have said. I feel like no one believes me
OK--consider it said
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still cant have ulcers
Why not?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Because all my meds should cure them
Weren't you on them before this last scoping?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Some of them
What did you start after?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Cholestyramine and nexium
And, sorry--what were you on before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Carafate and protonix and ranitidine. Im still on the carFte and ranitidine
OK--while all that does lower gastric pH and can help with ulcer healing, there are ulcers that develop and don't heal despite all that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Really? Why? What is the treatmemt for ulcers that dont heal
Well, were starting to go over old ground now. The cause needs treating and I still think it's Crohn's
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im sorry i didnt mean to go over old ground
That's OK but until you're seen at Mayo I really don't have anything more to add on the GI stuff
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I dont want to leave the teens here wiyh marty when im at mayo. Do i dare bring them to rochestr with me and leave them in the hotel
That's a reasonable alternative, yes
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Once again im sorry for bugging you
No problem--any time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ive been having blood in my vomit again
Se can't keep going over the same thing more than once, or in this case, multiple times. You know my answer to that and it will never change--your doctor needs to know now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My pcp did know. Thats why he did cbc on friday
Then why are you bringing it up again?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Because it happened three times today
But--and listen here because I'm not trying to be mean or to not talk to you. You know full well there's nothing I can say about this and of course if you're throwing up blood, every time I have to tell you either to let your doctor know or go to the ER. That's never going to change, so you're wasting our time by letting me know about it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im sorry
You say that a lot but you aren't stupid so please let's only talk about something new that we really haven't beaten to death
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
At what age do men mature? Marty is so immature and im wondering when he will grow up
Good question and not easy to answer. I'd say life really doesn't sink in til after 30 but I've met some very immature 60-year-olds
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So maybe when hes older he wont be so immature. Because i cannot stand him right now
Well, you don't just wake up one day and you're a full-fledged adult. Of course--and I know I'm going over old ground here--you can jump start the process with some therapy.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would just like to just smack him along side his head and make him grow up. I was probably better off without him
I agree on both points but smack him with words and not with your hand
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It frustrates me
I really don't see why since you keep facing the demon, if you will, and just won't accept that the demon isn't going to change anytime soon
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just feel like ive never really given marty a fair chance to prove himself
And how, pray tell, do you do that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have to accept that hes going to make mistakes and i have to give him a chance to make things right
You call some of his actions just mistakes? And what do you mean by a chance to make things right?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sometimes he just screws up. I should give him time to fix his mistakes and prove himself. When he hits me i should give him time to prove that he is really sorry instead of kicking him out or calling the cops
You never called the cops and from what you've told me you don't kick him out that much and even when you do you let him back in and he still does the same things. You can't seem to see the forest for the trees here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I just dont feel like i give him a fair chAnce
So tell me--what exactly would be a fair chance? And--whatever it is, why haven't you given him that fair chance as yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im not quite sure how to explain it
Then you really must not know what you mean and it's just a vague feeling you have and it's most likely your tendency to blame yourself for everything.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its adding to my stress level
What is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Martys immaturity
Easy way out of that frustration and you know exactly what I mean
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cant just kick him out he hasnt done anything wrong
OK--I'm basically done with the subject of Marty. Not only I but others have told you to get rid of him and you just keep letting him back. OK--your choice entirely but I wouldn't bet one thin dime that somehow he's going to come around on his own, whether or not you give him whatever you mean by a "fair chance."
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I feel likr you are frustrTed with me
No, but I'm just not going to waste anymore of either of our's time by talking about him. Nothing I've told you about him and what to do about it has sunk in obviously, so I'm not frustrated because, unlike you, I admit when I'm licked and I let it go
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Unlike me?
You won't admit you're licked when it comes to Marty and sometimes you won't give up on this constant blaming of yourself for others. Now, seriously, enough of this subject
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Subject dropped
Anything else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Night
Night
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just woke up and i feel
Ishy. My stomach really hurts and i have a temp
Of 102.4
Here we go again
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I only sent you that message cuz it was 2 am and i didnt feel good.
OK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So i wasnt trying to go over old ground. I promise.
Fever and stomach pain is very old ground
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im aware of that
I know, but again you post it to me--that's chatting since I don't have anything more to say about it than what I have before
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im sorry. Good bye
Bye
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Marty says if i dont have sex woth him hes going to leave. But he drunk and shouldnt be dtiving
The subject was closed by both of us
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No more marty for now. My dad figure told him he needed to leave my house. And he was not welcomed
Back
Good--now we have one more person telling you the same thing.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I cant believe my father figure said anytging
Just curious--what exactly happened to make him say that to Marty?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Everyone was over for supper and marty was drunk. Marty complained about what i made the whole time. I told him i had enough and he smacked me. And my father figure said that that waas the last straw
Actually, he passed the last straw a long time ago--good riddance
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It makes me sad
Old ground again. You just have to accept reality here--you're much better off without him
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Very last thing. Why is there such
strict pre exam instructions?
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Kate_Miller2007/media/image-2_zps24fcbf0e.jpg.html
What exactly is the exam they're referring to?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Idk. All i know is that on 6/20 at 730
I have a medical info review and at 750 i have a consult.
OK--sounds like the typical prep before a colonoscopy and for blood work related to celiac disorder. Can't really say more than that but of course you could always call them and ask.