Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I have this weird extreme tiredness

Customer Question

I have this weird extreme tiredness
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Weird?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its been a struggle to keep my eyes open the last week or so.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I can't do much with just that--give me more info here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can barely stay awake until 730. I sleep all night and get up at 520. Marty says theres no way i can be sleeping becsuse i answer him when je asks me questions
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just because you may briefly respond to him doesn't mean you aren't sleeping, and quite frankly I wouldn't trust his statements any more than I could throw him. You mean you actually almost drift off to sleep during the day?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I dont really know whatd going on but something is
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
How long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the past week or two. But theses past couple days its been really bad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And I don't suppose you've mentioned it to your doctor since you're just now telling me about it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No if its still going on when i go for my preop on 7/9 i thought id mention it to him. Just fyi i wouldnt be mentioning it to you either but these last couple days have been horrible
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Has to be a sleep problem if it's true sleepiness--even if you think you sleep soundly through the night. Someone doesn't suddenly get narcolepsy out of the blue like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What can i do to make it better
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You always ask that. Right now I don't have any specific recommendations--certainly you don't need any sleep meds or supplements
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Havent been taking anythung for sleep. How long do i wait to see if it goes away?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That isn't a good question--talk to your doctor about getting a sleep study
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it normal mot to remeber any dreams
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I have about one dream I remember every year or so
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Night.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Nite
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe im getting too much sleep thats why im tired. Yesterday i was up at 530am. Slept from 400pm-930pm. Slept from 11pm until now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Could be
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you angry af me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No but not much to say about this one subject
Expert:  Karel1 replied 1 year ago.
If you have weird tiredness. You need to go to an MD and get blood test to rule out any mono, or anemia. If all checks out., and you find yourself falling asleep at inappropriate times or places, and always sleeping , you need to get your sleep evaluated to rule out a form of narcolepsy or hypersomnia. .Go to narcolepsy network to read more about it. But first get the blood checked.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would not like your help but thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
She obviously didn't know your story but nice of her to try
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know. But just fyi my hgb is fine its 12
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
This doesn't sound like a hgb problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive been taking vicodin but that wouldnt br causing thr problem
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Only if you're either taking too much or too frequently during the daytime
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im taking one every 5ish hours
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well try not taking it during the day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you believe me that my stomach still hurts
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesnt sound too convincing.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's in your mind alone. What should I have said--absolutely, no doubt about it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that exactly what you should have said. I feel like no one believes me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--consider it said
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still cant have ulcers
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Why not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because all my meds should cure them
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Weren't you on them before this last scoping?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Some of them
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What did you start after?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cholestyramine and nexium
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And, sorry--what were you on before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Carafate and protonix and ranitidine. Im still on the carFte and ranitidine
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--while all that does lower gastric pH and can help with ulcer healing, there are ulcers that develop and don't heal despite all that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really? Why? What is the treatmemt for ulcers that dont heal
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, were starting to go over old ground now. The cause needs treating and I still think it's Crohn's
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry i didnt mean to go over old ground
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's OK but until you're seen at Mayo I really don't have anything more to add on the GI stuff
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont want to leave the teens here wiyh marty when im at mayo. Do i dare bring them to rochestr with me and leave them in the hotel
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's a reasonable alternative, yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Once again im sorry for bugging you
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No problem--any time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive been having blood in my vomit again
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Se can't keep going over the same thing more than once, or in this case, multiple times. You know my answer to that and it will never change--your doctor needs to know now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My pcp did know. Thats why he did cbc on friday
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then why are you bringing it up again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because it happened three times today
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But--and listen here because I'm not trying to be mean or to not talk to you. You know full well there's nothing I can say about this and of course if you're throwing up blood, every time I have to tell you either to let your doctor know or go to the ER. That's never going to change, so you're wasting our time by letting me know about it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You say that a lot but you aren't stupid so please let's only talk about something new that we really haven't beaten to death
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At what age do men mature? Marty is so immature and im wondering when he will grow up
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Good question and not easy to answer. I'd say life really doesn't sink in til after 30 but I've met some very immature 60-year-olds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So maybe when hes older he wont be so immature. Because i cannot stand him right now
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, you don't just wake up one day and you're a full-fledged adult. Of course--and I know I'm going over old ground here--you can jump start the process with some therapy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would just like to just smack him along side his head and make him grow up. I was probably better off without him
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I agree on both points but smack him with words and not with your hand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It frustrates me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I really don't see why since you keep facing the demon, if you will, and just won't accept that the demon isn't going to change anytime soon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just feel like ive never really given marty a fair chance to prove himself
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And how, pray tell, do you do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to accept that hes going to make mistakes and i have to give him a chance to make things right
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You call some of his actions just mistakes? And what do you mean by a chance to make things right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes he just screws up. I should give him time to fix his mistakes and prove himself. When he hits me i should give him time to prove that he is really sorry instead of kicking him out or calling the cops
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You never called the cops and from what you've told me you don't kick him out that much and even when you do you let him back in and he still does the same things. You can't seem to see the forest for the trees here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just dont feel like i give him a fair chAnce
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
So tell me--what exactly would be a fair chance? And--whatever it is, why haven't you given him that fair chance as yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not quite sure how to explain it
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Then you really must not know what you mean and it's just a vague feeling you have and it's most likely your tendency to blame yourself for everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its adding to my stress level
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Martys immaturity
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Easy way out of that frustration and you know exactly what I mean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant just kick him out he hasnt done anything wrong
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--I'm basically done with the subject of Marty. Not only I but others have told you to get rid of him and you just keep letting him back. OK--your choice entirely but I wouldn't bet one thin dime that somehow he's going to come around on his own, whether or not you give him whatever you mean by a "fair chance."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel likr you are frustrTed with me
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, but I'm just not going to waste anymore of either of our's time by talking about him. Nothing I've told you about him and what to do about it has sunk in obviously, so I'm not frustrated because, unlike you, I admit when I'm licked and I let it go
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unlike me?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You won't admit you're licked when it comes to Marty and sometimes you won't give up on this constant blaming of yourself for others. Now, seriously, enough of this subject
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Subject dropped
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Anything else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Night
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Night
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just woke up and i feel
Ishy. My stomach really hurts and i have a temp
Of 102.4
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Here we go again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only sent you that message cuz it was 2 am and i didnt feel good.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So i wasnt trying to go over old ground. I promise.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Fever and stomach pain is very old ground
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im aware of that
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I know, but again you post it to me--that's chatting since I don't have anything more to say about it than what I have before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im sorry. Good bye
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Bye
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Marty says if i dont have sex woth him hes going to leave. But he drunk and shouldnt be dtiving
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The subject was closed by both of us
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No more marty for now. My dad figure told him he needed to leave my house. And he was not welcomed
Back
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Good--now we have one more person telling you the same thing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant believe my father figure said anytging
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just curious--what exactly happened to make him say that to Marty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everyone was over for supper and marty was drunk. Marty complained about what i made the whole time. I told him i had enough and he smacked me. And my father figure said that that waas the last straw
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Actually, he passed the last straw a long time ago--good riddance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes me sad
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Old ground again. You just have to accept reality here--you're much better off without him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very last thing. Why is there such
strict pre exam instructions?
http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/Kate_Miller2007/media/image-2_zps24fcbf0e.jpg.html
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What exactly is the exam they're referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Idk. All i know is that on 6/20 at 730
I have a medical info review and at 750 i have a consult.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--sounds like the typical prep before a colonoscopy and for blood work related to celiac disorder. Can't really say more than that but of course you could always call them and ask.