Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Doc, you there? Urology follow up...

Doc, you there? Urology follow up...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--go ahead
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Doc, miss me?

I have calmed down my fears/panic the last few weeks which is why you haven't heard from me. Went to the urologist two weeks ago. He examined the penis, found no swelling and thought it looked fine.

ALso made me take a urine test. no bacteria was found in the test but a "trace" of blood allegedly was found but he said it was such a tiny amount that it was in significant and told me not to worry. I didnt see any blood when i urinated into a cup.

Also saw my pcp today and told him the urology results. He thinks i should be ok and maybe i have urethritis...Also recommended just so we have boxes checked that i do a urine text for chlamidia and gonorrhea. He also looked at where my tinea/lcs was and say i look good there now. I still itch a little there but when wearing looser clothing far less. My hair down there has also grown long now as i havent shared or trimmed there in 3 months...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--so have you calmed down a bit from your worst fears?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yea I suppose. What do you think of all I wrote above?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Don't take this the wrong way but nothing much at all. I don't think you have urethritis and I'm sure the tests for GC and chlamydia will be negative. And sounds like you're over the tinea, so what's to worry?'
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I guess the penis still feels a tad inflamed here and there...that is making me still a little nervous

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Geez--nervous why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well cuz it doesnt feel like normal

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You've seen a urologist who says there's nothing wrong--why can't you accept that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well nothing wrong on surface...what if he took a mini camera and stuck it inside my penis and found something (a procedure he described to me as available but would be painful). he also didnt even bother checking my prostate which makes me question him

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand this at all--why would he even consider scoping you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oh he threw that out as an option if i still felt unsure/uncomfortable even after the results came out ok

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
But what did he say he'd be looking for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that he didnt go in much detail or i forgot...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Come on--you forgot? I find that hard to believe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well he mentioned it if i really wanted to take a look to see if somehow may have injured myself inside there and to ease my mind...but when he told me it would be painful and may cause some bleeding i opted not to do it...

Anyways, I hope you are right and there is nothing to worry...do you have any guesses yourself on what could be cause the slight inflamation/discomfort?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I really see absolutely no reason for the procedure. As I told you before, unless it's your prostate there isn't anything else to consider.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks. Btw did they change how you leave a rating on JA? I don't see the rating tab anymore?

What do you think the odds are i have chlamydia or gonnorrhea given that i haven't had sexual intercourse in 3 years?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You don't get the rating option until I post an answer like now. Odds of gonorrhea and chlamydia are zero for you. Get back to me later if anything changes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info Doc.Didn't realize that...out of curiousity why do you think zero percentage? I will provide rating after this answer.

I am also getting a urine test sometime this week to check for gonnorrhea and chlamydia. I just don't know wwhy my doc wanted to check for those?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Because with gono you would have had symptoms long ago that would have gotten you to the doctor and if you had caught chlamydia years ago you would have had symptoms way before now. The urine test would be standard considering your description of the symptoms you have but I'm sure it would be negative.
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did have a test for bacteria in my urine a few weeks ago with my urologist. He said everything fine there...could that potentially reduce odds that i have chlamydia or gono?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Yes--without any bacteria in the urine the chances are still zero
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX make you potentially repeat what you just said but did you mean that without bacteria in urine chances are zero or that without bacteria in urine the chances are even less likely considered i have had no symptoms past 3 years?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Zero chance is zero chance and it can't get any lower than that. All I'm saying is that with no bacteria in your urine your chances of being positive for gono or chamydia are still zero
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On a separate note, how does one know if you have a yeast infection? Are there any visible signs symptoms? My doc said it looks like my tinea is gone but i have some itching in a couple areas still (behind ball sac) and a little on outer thighs but it doesn't look like there is anything there visually

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You can't have a yeast infection without a rash that looks like diaper rash
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doc,

I discovered a couple pimples on my buttocks area recently...is this the sign of something really bad?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Pimples?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes pimples, zits whatever u want to call them

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Tell me what they look like
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well, too be honest they look like a pimple or mosquito bite etc

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, it's probably just simple folliculitis--hair shaft infection that many people can get. Just put some Neosporin on them three times a day and they should clear soon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please dont think i am crazy but could it possibly be related to my worst fear?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No--no way but again if you'd just check yourself for your worst fear and find as I'm sure you will that you're negative you could get over all this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I hope you are right but i remember reading months back that folicalitis could be as a result of a problem with immune system or hiv...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is that true?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I don't know where you're getting your information but stop the research. Folliculitis by definition is an infection--a COMMOM infection that many of us get--with white cells and a small amount of pus--just like pimples. None of that has to do with a weak immune system and certainly nothing to do with HIV
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well i read this below on boils (which maybe is what i have)...seems like they list immune system problems as a potential cause?

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/guide/boils