Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

I ate lunch about 4 hours ago. I ate a rather fattening lunch

I ate lunch about 4 hours ago. I ate a rather fattening lunch that I normally do not eat. I started having some abdominal pain on the right side about 2 hours after I ate. Most of pain will go away if I change the position that I am sitting in. None of the pain is severe and it seems to be on the surface of my stomach. Could this be my gallbladder

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I need few details.

Were you having any nausea, vomiting etc?

Is there any pain if you press that area?

Is that area just below rib cage on right side?

Any pain in right shoulder?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No nausea or vomitting

No pain when I push on the area

Yes the pain is below the rib cage, on the right side. It was weird because it seems to be on the surface of my stomach, not deep in the gut. If I move around it would go away and then come back.

No pain in my shoulder.

Mark thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. All your symptoms are consistent with gall bladder but a single symptom of yours confirm that this cannot be your gall bladder. You said that the pain goes away with the change in position, this is never possible with gall bladder problem. This clearly mans that your problem is a muscular one rather than gall bladder. Tab tylenol in such cases helps a lot. If the pain persist see your doctor but don't stress yourself about gall bladder.

I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Does gallbladder pain come and go? Or is it consistant?

HI, It is usually constant.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can gallbladder pain be vague like I have or is it normally severe?

Thanks for your input. It is usually very severe and is associated with nausea and vomiting. I usually gets radiated to the back also. Regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not trying to be annoying but can the pain appear to be superficial like I have?

It's ok, i am here to help you. Superficial pains are mostly muscular. Gall bladder pain is not usually superficial. Regards