Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

does drinking 2 glasses of red wine every night before bed

does drinking 2 glasses of red wine every night before bed a good thing or a bad thing for muscle growth?

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also. I am going to address your primary concern first. It's a bad thing to do. Timing is not an issue. Even if you drink red wine at day time, it's not good for your muscle growth. Wine affects the muscle growth and it produces excessive body fat. In this way, alcohol should be avoided at all by a body builder. But yes you can drink occasionally but not regularly. I am sorry but you have to choose one thing, alcohol or bodybuilding. I hope this helps you but please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.