A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

Hello, out of curiosity, for a Report I am doing/working on,

Hello, out of curiosity, for a Report I am doing/working on, What is the Average Age for Xyrem Users/The Demographics of Xyrem Users, if such Statistics Exist? Thank You.

Also is an Epworth Sleep Scale of 14 of Anything to be Concerned about?

Answers provided are for informational use only and do not confer patient-provider relationship. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.

There are no statistics on average or demographics of users of Xyrem. It is a tightly regulated drug only available from certified prescribers and a central pharmacy must be used to obtain it. Because of its extremely high abuse potential it isn't prescribed except as a last resort fr narcolepsy and cataplexy when other treatments have failed.

On your second question, anything over 9 on the Epworth Sleepiness Scale would be of concern and the person would be referred to a sleep specialist to determine the cause of the high level of sleepiness reported by the patient.

All the best,