Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Wednesday I had my 2nd cervical epidural c4&5. I have bulging

Wednesday I had my 2nd cervical epidural c4&5. I have bulging discs, spinal stenosis in cervical spine and vertebrae are out of line. I went back to work yesterday and everytime I use my right arm to type or move mouse I get shooting pain down right shoulder and arm and right hand goes numb. Called Dr. 2 times , still waiting for call back. What should I do? Im at work again but working with left hand only. Any advice? Should I go to ER or is this normal?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

This is not normal. You need to consult your doctor's office who administered epidural or go to ER. Shooting pain down right shoulder and arm and numbness right hand, denote pinched nerve or inflammation (and resultant swelling around the nerve root). This can also be due to a mild damage to the nerve root during the procedure. You would need a strong analgesic like Tramadol and if this does not subside in next 24-48 hours; an MRI may be needed with the nerve conduction study.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you. if he doesnt call me soon i will go to er

You are very welcome. Yes, that would be right.

It is privilege assisting you.