Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

For my Sebaceous cyst is the antibiotic flopen 500 mg fluclocacillin

For my Sebaceous cyst is the antibiotic flopen 500 mg fluclocacillin the correct antibiotic for this ?

Flucloxacillin is a narrow-spectrum beta-lactam antibiotic and effective against specific families of bacteria.

So it is not a drug of choice for sebaceous cyst.

You may require broad spectrum antibiotic which may require a prescription from your doctor.

Placing a warm moist cloth (compress) over the area may help the cyst drain and heal.
If you have a small inflamed cyst, your doctor may inject it with a steroid medicine that reduces swelling.

If you have recurrent outbreaks of cysts then a culture should be done to detect particular strain of bacteria and specific antibiotic for it.

In the meantime you should apply Neosporin ointment on it.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will the dicloxaci I'm on for my sebaceous cyst also clear up my sinus infection. ?

Most of upper respiratiory tract infections are caused by viruses and antibiotics don't help.

Dicloxacillin can be helpful to treat a sinus infection caused by staphylococcus bacteria.

So it may provide relief if you have bacterial sinusitis.

I hope this helps.