Dr. Anil Kumar
Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician
Experience:  M.D. with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

Dear Doc, I have a problem not from that long, its 3 years

Dear Doc,
I have a problem not from that long, it's 3 years old and I know it's due some changes that I have made to my routine, I'm X-smoker, I start using Chantix "Champix" drug to help to quit and I success to quite, since than everything in my life to start to return to something I use to do before I start to smoke 13 years ago.

My Details:
Age: 30 years
Weight: 166.5 kg (52 kg when I was smoking)
Height: 179 cm

My Problem is:
Digest eating & concentration/focus, to be more specific, I start notice that when I decide to continue to finish my Degree, while I'm studying I can't concentrate when I eat little or too much, and my energy level goes down, instead I can concentrate if eat nothing and I just drink juices that close the need of food but this as will is not going to last that much so I have to eat due my strengths goes down.

I have made a new food and exercise routine, 3 meals a day and porting shake before workout and another shake after, now that helps me in a way to be more focusing as will to stop drinking caffeinated drink to wake up, but kills me in another, which I start sleeping too much unlike before and that's due my workout and buddy need rest.

Sometimes I refer this to be a Psychological issues and sometimes may be it's due my Immune system is weak, I have read lots of articles online to find out what's happening to me, maybe I'm thinking too much and due stress(Study, Marriage, Work, other life needs) all this is happening to me, recently I discovered that I have pimples in scalp and I went to dermatologist to treat that which till now she described to me three deferent set of medicine in three sessions which I hope this one will kill that bacteria in my scalp in my head.

I have done AID & HIV test I thought it may that the case but the result was fine.

Doc, I really don't know what else I can do to solve all of that and I really hate to continue to test in my buddy using another drugs!!, my mood is always in deferent way and my memory level is not stable as will, things are not staying that long in my head.. Easy to forget.

Hope I got an answers that helps really.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil Kumar replied 1 year ago.

Associated pain abdomen,nausea,vomiting?

Heartburn?

Have you undergone recent blood work like Complete blood count,ESR,Thyroid function test,Blood sugar levels?

Are you taking any other medications?

Are you still taking Chantix now?

Do you have 166.5 kg weight now?Is it kg or pounds?

Any recent illness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Dr, Sorry for late respond, and thank you for your fast respond.

No.

Heartburn?

No. but I when I continue with my eating or lets say my old normal routing I use to wake up at night sometimes twice sometimes three times to pee. Unlike when I eat less one or to small meals a day following with small snakes sometimes which not drive me to pee at night, and since I mention sleeping. sometimes I can't sleep in time, I stay wake up and I sleep late and when I sleep I wake up after 7 to 9 hours in morning most of this at home, but at work I have to wake up at 6 every day which that sometimes kills me due the less hours that I sleep. " I’m working in 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off".

No.

Are you taking any other medications?

Yes, which is only the one that related to my pimples in scalp.. Tetradox 10mg one a day, Mupirocin Ointment USP 15gm once a day, Betadine "Scalp Cleanser 125ml"

Are you still taking Chantix now?

Yes, and to be honest, I start using this back in March 2010 and I continue till May 2010, I stop smoking since then till Dec 2012 which in party mixed with alcohol and some social issues that drives to return to smoke again, I start using Chantix again but I didn't complete the program and I return to smoke once again.. I continue with this three or four times, till recently I quit and I complete three month of this program, in there time sheet say I have to continue for almost 12 months using this drug, but I'm planning to stop soon.

Any recent illness?

Sorry it's 66.5 KG.

Thanks for providing more information.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Firstly indigestion,weakness,tired feeling,loss of appetite,sleeping problems are listed common side effects of Chantix.

Apart from this,lack of concentration,lethargy,unexplained weight gain,mood swings,low self esteem can be associated with Thyroid dysfunction,Anemia,Hypoglycemia.

So it's good to see your regular doctor for a clinical examination and if required your doctor may advise further blood work.

I appreciate your will to quit smoking and also want to encourage to stop it completely.

You may also require multivitamin supplement.

As you are going workout and your diet is not adequate so it's advised to take protein rich diet.

Eat lots of fruits,dairy products.

You should eat 6 small meals throughout the day containing proteins,fats,carbohydrates.

Avoid late night work.

And do deep breathing exercises.

I understand your work profile and stress regarding different phases of life(job,marriage,etc) however you have to maintain a positive attitude.

I suggest you to consult your doctor for further evaluation and management.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a positive rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Dr. Anil Kumar, General Physician
Experience: M.D. with over 30 years of experience in practice.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Dr for your time and your advice, I will do what you have adviced me to do. Thank you

You are most welcome.

For any further health related query in future,i'm here for you,ask me anytime.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doc,

Sorry for too late respond, again !!

I have done the tests, and seems every things are great except the level on Hemoglobin is low... 13.4mg/dl fro the normal rang which is 14-18 gm/dl.

Click to see the Tests Photocopy

http://s3.amazonaws.com/f01.justanswer.com/SandsChild1/2013-06-17_213907_img_3910.jpg

your advice please.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Your Hemoglobin is slightly low so it's good to eat a nutritious diet and ask your doctor for iron supplement.

Also start a multivitamin supplement containing Vitamin B complex.

Sometimes pyschological issues like stress can cause physical symptoms.

So this can be a contributing factor in your case.

Otherwise you are in great health,you needn't to worry.

Just dietary and lifestyle modifications are required.

Start an exercise regimen like running,walking,yoga,deep breathing exercises 4-5 days a week.

And a clinical corelation of your blood work findings with your symptoms by your regular doctor should be considered as well.

I hope this helps.

Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Doc, again,

I hope not to be so annoying to you by my late responds.

anyhow I have visited my Doc back and he said you don't need for any supplement, your are ok, just eat and eat different food and vegetables, which honestly I used to eat that in daily basis and most things are fresh,

Chicken

Mat

Beef

Fish

Dairy, cereal, rice, pasta, vegetables, and a little bit of fresh fruit and some canned juices, plenty of water, especially the time of exercise, Caffeine, etc

I have stopped the Chantix since I open this question, and I used and still till date go for GYM regularly, things are fine except my strengths at the gym is not that good but I'm processing that hope to develop that strengths.

It will be great if you will advice for some tips that it might help me get better sleeping and makes me focus more in what is in front on me and addition to your above advice.

Thanks for keeping following me.

Thanks for the follow-up.

It's good to have a balanced diet and now you are enjoying workout at gym.

You'll gain muscle strength in next few weeks if you continue this balanced diet and exercise regimen.

You should do meditation and deep breathing exercises which help in increasing your concentration.

Also Avoid late night work and eating meals.

Plan a regular sleeping time schedule.

Also do a 10-20 minutes walk before going to bed.

Relax yourself with sound music before sleeping.

At last,keep a positive attitude towards your life.

Everything'll get normal in your life gradually.

I hope this helps.

Good luck.