Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice

About 4 days ago A friend of mine (Levi) fell asleep outside

About 4 days ago A friend of mine (Levi) fell asleep outside while sitting in a plastic deck chair. When he woke up his right are felt as though it was asleep he tried moving it to wake it up however this is when he noticed he only had very limited motion in his, upper and lower arm, wrist and fingers. He can raise his arm above his head but can not move his thumb at all which he says has a tingling sensation. He is unable to manipulate his fingers to ie. text, type, open a phone, grasp a door handle etc.

This will be the 5th day with very very little improvement. There was no trauma to his arm or body anywhere and no toxins where ingested.

Do you have any idea what this is?

Thank you,
Erin and Levi

Anthony Bray MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray MD : With him having persistent neurological symptoms of the hand and arm for five days he should be seen and evaluated by a neurologist!! I would recommend physical exam and imaging to include MRI of the brain and cervical spine...
Anthony Bray MD : the persistence of the symptoms for five days now does seem concerning to me and I would not ignore it!!
Anthony Bray MD : I hope this information is helpful to you! Let me know if you have further questions, discussion and I will be happy to get back with you.
Anthony Bray MD : if my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and best regards ,
Anthony Bray MD : Anthony Bray MD