Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

have a growth on the bone coming down from the shoulder right

Customer Question

have a growth on the bone coming down from the shoulder right at the elbow joint and it now protrudes 1/2" and his hard my age is 60 male and type II but very active and 5.6 a1c skin moves over the bump freely and it stays solidly put on the bone it is kind of a round hard ball attached to the bone? any ideas?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--how long have you had this? Is this basically at your elbow+
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

at elbow and been growing steady for several months >6 months < year no pain

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
And--just to be clear here--you haven't had a doctor look at this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no i have not seen a dr. for this

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--of course I can only give you the possibilities here, but at this point you need to see a doctor about it. This could be a chronic bursitis problem and those can increase in size over time, but, of course it could be a bone tumor--either benign or malignant. You really need an MRI of the elbow to see exactly whether this is in the bone or in the bursal sac around the elbow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do not believe it is part of the bursal sac as it is 1/4" to 1/4" from the actual joint, this appears to be attached to the bone just above the joint, i assume a bone tumor then or some fast bone growth it is attached and very hard like bone material or calcium

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, as I said the bursitis is a possibility and the bursal sac can become calcified and hard as bone, but really--this has been going on for too long and you need to have it evaluated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank you and i will make an appointment tomorrow!

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure but please let me know how it goes and remember to rate my service to you