Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Hi there, Im having a little difficulty swallowing food and

Hi there, I'm having a little difficulty swallowing food and am wondering if you can put my mind at ease. Basically, I feel like there are small food particles stuck in my throat, and I've felt this way for a few days. The back of my throat feels a little irritated.

In the last few weeks I've had some indigestion symptoms, including burping, hiccups, and forgetting how to swallow. These have improved in the last few days as I've been eating more healthily and slowly.

I'm very prone to stress and anxiety, and I have no other symptoms -- I'm generally in very good health.

Is this something that will go away itself? I'm scared to go to my doctor as I have a fear of vomiting, and am not sure I could cope with having my throat examined.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX and I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

When did this start?

Were you able to see my replies in the chat session?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, I've only had the food stuck for a few days (at least I think food is stuck).

It is unlikely you still have food stuck after all this time, you likely have irritation from food , and this causes a feeling of food stuck in your throat, it will likely resolve within a few weeks, no need to worry