jbmd
jbmd, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Board Certified physician in Internal Medicine - 30+ years experience. Extensive medical and traumatic neurology experience.
69164063

My name isXXXXX am 24 years old. When I was born I develoment

My name isXXXXX am 24 years old. When I was born I develoment normal. Then when I was 6 I was diag with motor & groos motor skills dylays & vision and possible mild cp. Now I am adult I have posture and sleeping foot alot. I worry about my mild cp going to effect my adulthood
Category: Health
Expert:  jbmd replied 1 year ago.

jbmd :

Hi--I can completely understand how upsetting this is to you, Jessie. I cannot examine or treat you but will strive to give you excellent advice. Part of the problem may be a good one: your delay in diagnosis might be because your symptoms were mild and hard to pick up until you were in school and learning fine motor (writing for example) skills vs gross motor (walking) skills. Also, parents and doctors often hesitate to make diagnosis of mild cp when it might not be that but something a child will grow out of.

jbmd :

Are you in physical therapy? I think you should have your insurance pay for ongoing physical therapy to continue correcting what can be corrected, especially your posture IF the sleeping foot comes from postural problems. Physical therapy can do a lot--children with CP whether mild or severe, do grow up but do not lose the need for physical therapy to continue to maintain improvement and to hopefully continue to correct problems.

jbmd :

I think there might be challenges to overcome but the mild cp might only have a mild effect on your adulthood, especially with continuing care.

jbmd :

I am concerned about the vision problems--is this because of eye muscle involvement? I would like this checked out very thoroughly by a skilled opthalmologist.

jbmd :

Hope this helps. Please ask any questions but if there are none please rate the answer I have given you.

jbmd :

Also biofeedback specialists hook up cerebral palsy patients to EMG machines to help you get better control over your muscles. As yours is mild, this might be a very good way for you to improve.

Customer:

Thank You! Yes I have a great eye dr Past 2 years . I had 55 hours of vision therp.

jbmd :

Glad my advice gave you some ideas. Life is constant work for everyone, though it often seems as if we're the only one when we have troubles. I hope you try these things and they help.

jbmd :

If you have no more questions about this, please rate it to close. The only way I know i'm doing the excellent job I'm trying to do is ratings.

jbmd :

When you have more questions you can ask for me if you wish!

Customer:

Thank You1

jbmd :

Until next time then1

Customer:

ok

jbmd, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Board Certified physician in Internal Medicine - 30+ years experience. Extensive medical and traumatic neurology experience.