Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

hello, I took my BP this morning and it was 115/51 pulse was

hello, I took my BP this morning and it was 115/51 pulse was 70 , is this BP actually the bottom number to low or is this ok
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

How is your usual blood pressure?

Do you take any blood pressure medicine?

Do you feel any symptom now like dizziness, fainting, chest pain etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my normal is around 120/70s and no I do not take bp meds but I take Xanax and 400iu vitamin D3 no symptoms

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Please check your blood pressure again & inform.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

123/69 pulse 79

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information,

The lower limits of systolic pressure or the upper number usually is taken as 90 & diastolic or lower one is taken as 60 mm Hg.

However low blood pressure need evaluation if it causes symptoms.

A person may have blood pressure of 90 / 50 but may not have symptom , while in patients who are having hypertension may feel symptoms at 100 / 60.

As the second reading has come to normal levels & you do not have any symptom, you need not to worry.

Please take plenty of fluid & have rest.

If you feel any symptom or if it goes down again then you need to inform your doctor.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please feel free for any follow up query.
Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with pleurisy without enfussion and Bronchitis would this have something to do with this it has never been this low, or could the vitamin D have something to do with this

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

In infection, dehydration blood pressure can get low.

But your pressure is not persistently down & it has come back to normal level.

Vitamin D is unlikely to be a factor.

Please take plenty of fluid to have good hydration.
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience: 35 years of experience