Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I have had a constant tickle in my left nostril for 2 days

I have had a constant tickle in my left nostril for 2 days causing sneezing clear mucus, red watery left eye, and constant feeling like I am fixing to sneeze. I have tried everything, over the counter nasal sprays, rinsing with warm water, blowing nose, and using a little hydrogen peroxide on a q-tip. Oh, allegra, benedryl, and clariton allergy medicine as well as an allergy nasal spray. (not all at the same time) I have been unable to sleep for 2 days I am exhausted and I feel as if I have a feather stuck way up my left nostril. I have found some very long threads about this same thing with no real answer to the problem. Please help me.

Associated stuffy nose,sore throat,cough?

Phlegm at back of throat?

Clogged ears?

History of allergy in past?

Any other medical history?

Have you seen an ENT specialist so far?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my nose was stuffy right at first for a couple of hours, no sore throat, no cough, no phlegm in throat, no clogged ears, only allergy is to milk and eggs causing eczema, have had tonsils and adnoids removed and have no real health problems, I have not seen an ENT in the last 20 years

Thanks for providing more information.

Your symptoms can be caused due to a few conditions like viral infection, variation of temperature, vasomotor rhinitis,Structural abnormality of the nose like deviated septum, polyp,Allergy etc.

Even excessive use of decongestant can aggravate your symptoms.

You may have allergic conjunctivitis as well.

Do cool compresses on your eyes.

Also use OTC Zaditor (ketotifen) eye drops 2 -3times a day.

Run your finger along your nose from the corner of your eye down to side of your nose. This is called "milking" the duct and will hopefully help to drain so your eyes won't tear up.
Take OTC Claritin/Allegra only for a while.

Use a humidifier in your room.

I suggest you should get it checked by an ENT doctor for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.