Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

Im on a colonoscopy prep - clear fluids only today - and started

I'm on a colonoscopy prep - clear fluids only today - and started the gallon jug (8oz every 20 min) at 5:30pm (6 hours ago). All but last 2"s in gallon jug drank - but now cannot hold it down - vomited last 2 glasses. What do I do?

Associated pain abdomen now?

Any bowel movement so far?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Definitely gas pain in abdomen - and yes - very liquid diarrhea for the past several hours.

Thanks for providing more information.

If you have taken atleast 60-75% of preparation and now as you are passing clear liquid bowel movements then the preparation is likely adequate.

As you have vomited while taking the bowel preparation, wait 30 minutes before drinking more fluid and start with small sips of solution if possible otherwise avoid it.

Some activity (such as walking) or a few soda crackers may help decrease the nausea you are feeling.

If you have severe pain abdomen,feeling lightheadedness,presistent vomiting then consult your doctor ASAP.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.