A white cheesy vaginal discharge would point to yeast infection. This does not smell.
The other possibility to consider would be bacterial vaginosis. The clinical diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis is made if three of the four following signs are present:
1) A grayish-white vaginal discharge;
2) A vaginal pH exceeding a value of 4.5;
3) The presence of so-called clue cells on saline wet mount;
4) A fishy or amine odor after the addition of a 10% potassium hydroxide solution (positive whiff or sniff test).
Treatment of the bacterial vaginosis is cumbersome. Following are the treatment modalities;
1) Metronidazole (flagyl) and clindamycin have been the drugs of choice.
2) Azithromycin too is effective. Secnidazole, ornidazole and tinidazole are also used.
3) Antiseptics as vaginal suppositories;
c) dequalinium chloride,
d) polyhexamethylene biguanide,
e) povidone iodine
f) hydrogen peroxide
5) Stop douching or bubble bath, if you do.
6) Avoid liquid soaps and body wash.
A urine culture is the best investigation to establish the urinary tract infection as it not only confirms the infection but also tells about the best antibiotic to eradicate the infection. With your symptoms, chance of STD is low though, no harm in getting a STD screening just for the cautionary reasons, especially if the urine culture is negative.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.
We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."
Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.