Have frequent urination, yes a urine test was done. I noticed a different color of discharge, and red bumps on pubic area the second day of intercourse, I also mention it to Dr. and left side pelvis had sharp pain and my period was late.
To be honest with you, I was just prescribed Cipro 250mg 2 times a day for 3 days after urine test. Then a week later I just received a call for another antibiotic. I wasn't give a follow up appointment but I made another one. I still feel the same was as before.
The other possibility to consider would be bacterial vaginosis. The clinical diagnosis of bacterial vaginosis is made if three of the four following signs are present:
1) A grayish-white vaginal discharge;
2) A vaginal pH exceeding a value of 4.5;
3) The presence of so-called clue cells on saline wet mount;
4) A fishy or amine odor after the addition of a 10% potassium hydroxide solution (positive whiff or sniff test).
Treatment of the bacterial vaginosis is cumbersome. Following are the treatment modalities;
1) Metronidazole (flagyl) and clindamycin have been the drugs of choice.
2) Azithromycin too is effective. Secnidazole, ornidazole and tinidazole are also used.
3) Antiseptics as vaginal suppositories;
c) dequalinium chloride,
d) polyhexamethylene biguanide,
e) povidone iodine
f) hydrogen peroxide
5) Stop douching or bubble bath, if you do.
6) Avoid liquid soaps and body wash.
A urine culture is the best investigation to establish the urinary tract infection as it not only confirms the infection but also tells about the best antibiotic to eradicate the infection. With your symptoms, chance of STD is low though, no harm in getting a STD screening just for the cautionary reasons, especially if the urine culture is negative.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.
It would be best to request for a STD panel testing to set your mind at ease.A antibiotic to treat the folliculitis/red bumps on the pubis till the results of the STD come back would help.It would bebest if both the partners are tested and treated together to prevent passing any infection to-and fro.